Friday, October 8, 2010

Last Month's Vacation to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks

I figured I'd post a few of the pictures that my wife took on our vacation last month to end this week's postings.  We went with my sister and brother-in-law to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park near Moab, Utah in early September.  The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful, although I would recommend going in the Spring or Autumn when it isn't so blazing hot there.  Bring plenty of water if you wish to do any hiking on the myriads of fantastic trails there.

Although a little expensive, I would further recommend staying at the beautiful Red Cliffs Lodge while staying there.  It is several miles off of the main highway up the Colorado River in a small valley lined with majestic red canyon cliffs.  The trip is definitely worth your time.  I could easily have spent a week there.  Put this one on your bucket list, friends!
























My wife and I standing with a huge rocky monolith in the background at Canyonlands National Park.

2 comments:

Dave Dubya said...

Very beautiful. These awe inspiring places provide both a spiritual uplifting and a humbling sense of perspective. Along with Zion, they are on my list, along with a return to the Grand Canyon.

Darrell Michaels said...

They are indeed incredible, Dubya. I would also recommend going to see Bryce Canyon National Park which is near Zion. It is perhaps my favorite of all the parks in southern Utah. See my posting on it from a previous vacation.

http://savingcommonsense.blogspot.com/2009/10/bryce-canyon-fall-trip.html

It is indeed awe inspiring.