Sunday, October 3, 2010

Civics and American History Exam

I saw this very good United States civics exam over at Blonde Sagacity today.  Since civics, economics, and unvarnished American history are seldom taught anymore, I am not surprised to learn that most Americans did very poorly and typically got less than half of the question's correct.

As per the introductory text on the exam, "Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams. The following questions were taken from the 2008 Civic Literacy exam."

Indeed can you do better than most Americans or college educators? I received the following score below and still dispute one of my two missed questions regarding what is best for the federal government to do to alleviate the effects of a deep recession. I further have the historical proof of the actions of Warren Harding during the "Forgotten Depression" to back up my assertion. See my post on this topic here.   That being said I still managed 31 out of 33 correct.

See how you fare on this exam by clicking here!

No comments: