Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Climate Fools Day

The Carbon Sense Coalition today called on Americans to join the world in celebrating Climate Fools Day on October 27th.  The Chairman of “Carbon Sense”, Mr Viv Forbes, said that Climate Fools Day was dubbed as such by protesters outside the British House of Commons on 27th October 2008 when the house was debating the Climate Bill.  It was on that day that a large part of Europe, including London, was blanketed in the first October snowfall in over seventy years while members of British Parliament chattered on about the need to fight global warming.

I find this rather ironic as when I opened my garage door to leave to work today I found that a six inch blanket of snow covered my front yard... and drive way.  I guess I should have gotten the snow blower out of the shed in the backyard a little sooner instead of waiting until this weekend as I had planned.  (After all, I was sure that I wouldn't be in need of it so soon...)  It is still October for crying out loud!

As of today, I am definitely in favor of global warming.  In the summer time... not so much.

2 comments:

Dave Splash said...

I now know what it was like for Christopher Columbus. All those people saying the world is flat, and mocking those who said it was round. Well, the flat earthers lost that battle (though some counties in TX still think there is more discussion needed), and the "global warming is a hoax because it's hot/cold today" will lose this one, too.

Darrell Michaels said...

Al Gore's largely debunked "documentary" to the contrary, the debate is hardly over. Further, there are thousands of highly qualified scientists that have serious doubts as to the validity of the anthropogenic global warming claims.

Of course, the militant progressives realize this really isn't about science and debate and try to squelch any opposition to their environmental agenda accordingly... especially by those that come baring facts and data.

Let alone the fact that there are huge questions about the methodology and modeling done to "predict" the impacts of global warming, but even the proponents of the theory have been caught cherry-picking and falsifying their own data to help make their strained case.

Sorry Dave, but right now science has hardly proven that man-caused global warming is a reality. In fact that takes a greater leap of faith than what Columbus made when he sailed from Spain.

The difference is that he was right in his faith; I suspect that is not going to be so for your side of the debate, sir.