Friday, March 19, 2010

The Strength of a Man

My beloved wife gave me a new journal last week upon her return from visiting her parents out of state. In that journal she had printed out a poem for me on the first page that I wanted to share. I do not know who originally penned the poem, but I admire and agree with thoughts this person so eloquently expressed and which my lovely wife shared with me.

It is funny how one's perspective changes. When I was young and single, I would have laughed at some of these lines. Now as I get older and see what truly is important in my life, I find these lines to be quite true. Perhaps I am getting maybe just a little bit wiser as I age. :)


The strength of a man isn't seen in the width of his shoulders.
It's seen in the width of his arms that circle you.

The strength of a man isn't in how many buddies he has.
It's how good of a buddy he is with his kids.

The strength of a man isn't in how respected he is at work.
It's how respected he is at home.

The strength of a man isn't in how hard he hits.
It's is how tender he touches.

The strength of a man isn't in the hair on his chest.
It's in his heart that lies within his chest.

The strength of a man isn't in how many women he's loved.
It's in how he can be true to one woman.

No comments: