Thursday, March 4, 2010

O'Reilly - Louis Farrakhan (3.2.10)

Sometimes Bill O'Reilly annoys me. Sometimes he is rather insightful. I think he nails it just right on this one.

Farrakhan, Wright, etc have a Constitutional right to their freedom of speech, but why don't we hear more people denouncing this racism from them? Racism is an ugly thing regardless of the source and it is sad to see 20,000 people of any color gathering to listen to this vitriol and hate.

Although I vehmently disagree with President Obama on many issues, I do not want anything bad to befall him. Often I do pray for him. (Particularly for a conversion in his heart to our founding principles of freedom and capitalism!)

I have to assume that most people, including those not of color feel the same way.

As O'Reilly stated, this must be so as President Obama won office with 53% of the vote. My not voting for Obama had nothing to do with his skin color and everything to do with his stances on issues and his philosophies of governing. That being said I sincerely hope he is safe and able to do good in his remaining three years in office.

2 comments:

RayB said...

T. Paine, who cares whether you like Farrakhan or Rev Wright or not. People of color don't denounce Farrakhan or Wright because what they say has some ring of truth to it. Whites have done some pretty fucked up things in America, so, don't get bothered if Farrakhan or Wright speaks the truth as to the wrongs they feel Whites have perpetrated on people of color.

Neither Farrakhan nor Wright represent the black community as a whole. They each have their own churches and those who attend their places of worship are free to do so. I've never attended Farrakhan's or Wright's church, but, nevertheless, i don't have any ill feelings towards them for what they say.

If you don't like what they say, don't listen. Just like I do. I don't like what the racists O'Reilly, Hannity and Limbaugh say, so, I don't listen to them.

Darrell Michaels said...

RayB, I agree that Farrakhan, Wright et al have an absolute right to say what they will. I further acknowledge that people of color have historically been treated very poorly and have had great evils perpetrated upon them in our nation's history.

I also realize that this country suffered through a devastating and bloody civil war to begin to right that wrong. As the country matured, it further passed legislation to outlaw segregation and to provide for civil rights.

Yes, these things did not occur fast enough nor do they excuse such behavior beforehand, but I challenge you to give me an example of another country that has tried so hard to rectify its past evils of this sort.

I think that a vast majority of Americans of all colors are good and decent people. They look at the person when they vote and not the color. I give you President Barrack Obama as evidence of this.

My point was simply to say that it is sad that we still have those people that would rather try to segregate people and incite hatred amongst races rather than try to build bridges between them.

As for Rush, Hannity, and O'Reilly, you need to put down the militant leftist talking points, because I have NEVER heard any racism coming from any of the above and I challenge you to provide me with a credible and substantiated claim otherwise.

Funny how some on the left claim this and yet they cannot produce video or audio of the supposed racism of these men.

I myself have been called a racist simply because I disagree with Obama on policy. THAT is deeply offensive to me! And for the record, I voted for a man of color for president years before I ever even heard of the name Obama.

It is too damned bad that Dr. Keyes did not win the nomination that George W. Bush did. Perhaps we could have avoided much of the fiscal mess Bush exacerbated and Obama has horribly accelerated, sir.