Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Daughters

Today, November 11th... Veterans Day, is my oldest daughter's birthday.  J has brought so much love and joy to my and my wife's life.  She has always been strong of will and blessed with a very good heart.  She adores our grandkids and is a fantastic mother.  Her world revolves around her kids.  Honey, I am so very proud of you and the terrific lady you have become.  It is so difficult to be so far away, particularly on special days like today.  Know that Mom and I love you immensely and that you are our great joy, J!

And NOW, I have a huge mea culpa regarding my poor neglected middle daughter.  Indeed, I am a very horrible father.  I had done a posting wishing S a happy birthday back on her special day on October 6th.  Unfortunately, there was an error with blogger and it never got posted; further, I didn't catch it until I went back to look for it today.  My deepest apologies, sweetheart!

S was always the dutiful middle child and as a little girl was an incredible ham.  The smiles and laughs she inspired throughout our home were endless.  S is probably one of the hardest working women I know.  She works a full schedule with her job, is continuing her college education after already becoming an accountant, takes care of her hubby and three kids, and somehow finds a hour or three to get sleep each day... usually. 

S, I admire and love you very much.  I was so glad we were able to see you before Halloween, even though it was very brief.  I wish I could have been there a little earlier to have celebrated your birthday with you too.  Likewise, Mom and I are very proud of you and the person you are!  I love and miss you dearly, honey.

No comments: