Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beavers are Allergic to Roses....Evidently


I have been in mourning for the last day because the Oregon State Beavers lost what was otherwise a good fought game to the evil University of Oregon Ducks in the annual civil war game last Thursday night. To make it even more painful of a loss, the winner of that game gets to go to the Rose Bowl and play Ohio State. The last time Oregon State went to the Rose Bowl was, well lets just say I don't remember it...


Anyway, U of O (Berkley North) won and gets the rivalry bragging rights for another year and they get to go to the Rose Bowl. Meanwhile I am going to sit back, dry my tears, and cheer on my Blazers in the hopes that they don't similarly break my heart this season. I don't know if she is trying to be funny, but my wife bought a huge box of Kleenex at Costco yesterday. I am hoping that was just a coincidence.

2 comments:

Annie said...

And here I thought your addiction was only directed towards the Trail-Losers. Now to find you sniffling over college football...well...let's just say I may need to rethink our friendship.

Isn't Ogden out for the season?

Darrell Michaels said...

You are an exceptionally cruel woman! If I didn't know better, I'd say you and Mrs. Paine are collaborating in your disdainful comments towards my Trailblazers.

She at least hasn't made derogatory statements towards the Beavers or my Seahawks though...yet.

And yes, ODEN is out for the season now. I like him, but frankly I think Pryzbilla is a better center so that isn't a huge calamity.

The interesting news is that Oregon State gets to play BYU now in the Vegas Bowl, since they couldn't seem to destroy the evil Ducks. At least OSU will have another Bowl win under their belt with this one though although I suspect that some of my friends and co-workers will be annoyed with BYU's coming loss. :)