Friday, June 4, 2010

The Beautiful Journey Home

My wife and I on our return trip from the Pacific Northwest to see family, with a short stay for her in the hospital in Spokane just to add to the excitement, prompted us to decide to take the scenic route back to our home in Utah via Yellowstone Park and The Grand Tetons National Park a few weeks ago. 

Although we have both been through there many times, we never tire of the awesome beauty of God's creation as manifested in these two utterly amazing parks.  We drove straight through, as we had to get back home, but of course we stopped and took pictures along the way.

This first one is of the majestically beautiful Grand Tetons mountain range.  (Yes, I noticed the date on my camera is not accurate... after the fact.)




The next picture is of a little Episcopal Chapel at the south end of the park.  It is quite charming and the view looking out the altar is amazing!  I made a comment as I was taking a picture looking past the altar that whatever pastor was celebrating the church service would have to have an unequivocally amazing homily just to compete with the view.  An older lady, who I learned happened to be an Episcopalian minister, agreed and said that long ago she had the privilege of delivering her first sermon from this very church. 




And below is the view of the picture I took from the aisle between the pews looking out past the altar:



These parks are incredible in their beauty and there truly is nothing comparable anywhere I have seen yet in the world that comes close to the awe inspiring views.  If you have never been to Yellowstone or The Grand Tetons National Parks, I cannot recommend them highly enough.  Definitely put these on your bucket list!

6 comments:

Dave Splash said...

Nice pics. I lived in the Northwest in the early 90s, but haven't been back since. I need to do that...

Darrell Michaels said...

Yeah, definitely make the effort when your schedule and finances allow, Splash. It is well worth it!

Lisa said...

wow absotutley breath taking.
I'll be thinking of that while I walk through NYC next week for a meeting.

Darrell Michaels said...

Ohhh Lisa, my heart goes out to you!

There is an old Hank Williams Junior song that has the line, "When I die they can send me to hell or New York City. They'd be about the same to me!"

I am sure New York City has its charms, but I am definitely a country boy at heart.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I actually live on Long Island more like the country than the city for sure.I do love the ocean in the summer .

The city is fun to go when it's for pleasure,it's like an adventure although I don't go there all that often.