Saturday, May 8, 2010

Weekend Hodgepodge of Thoughts and Quotations

1. Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

2. Why is it a travesty against human rights for President Bush to keep the Guantanamo Bay prison open, but nary a word is heard now that Obama STILL has done nothing to close it down as promised?

3. Why do I have to swear on the Bible in court when the Ten Commandments cannot be displayed outside?

4. Why is Bush's out-of-control spending a subject of just criticism for the left, and yet Obama's spending and proposals for spending (which is more than that of the previous 43 presidents COMBINED) is no cause for alarm to the left?

5. Lastly, I could not verify the authenticity of this statement and I highly doubt the veracity of it, but it was so danged funny that I thought I'd include it nevertheless.

It was supposedly reported that when President Obama was having that one, lone brief conversation this past year with General McChrystal about Afghanistan, things were obviously not going the way the General had hoped. Obama could sense this and told him, "I bet when I die, you'll pee on my grave." To which General McChrystal answers, "No sir, I've always said when I get out of the Army, I'll never again wait in another line."

No comments: