Friday, May 7, 2010

Free Speech Versus Political Correctness

It was recently reported by WorldNetDaily that a 15 year old boy went to log on to his Microsoft Xbox gaming console only to discover that his on-line user name had been banned by them.

He was playing under the on-line name of mpeach obama21. A live spokesman for Microsoft Xbox told WND "If you were Obama, what would you feel if you saw this?"

The teenager wants his user ID back stating, "it's the principle of the thing", but thus far Microsoft Xbox is holding their ground and not relenting.

Sounds to me like our next gaming console in my home will be from Nintendo...

3 comments:

Annie said...

And yet the ACLU is silent.

How about those kids who wore American flag t-shirts to school and were threatened with suspension?

Grrrr!

Darrell Michaels said...

I KNOW! Isn't that amazing! I was considering doing a posting on those kids, but that is so egregious that I suspect nearly everyone realizes how foolish and politically correct that decision was.

Lisa said...

I guess Big Brother really is watching and here I thought it was Bush who shredded the constitution.
I guess to the media and the left it depends on who's doing the shredding.
Bush shred-Bad
Obama shred-good/silent