- "If you pass the [pro-life] Stupak amendment, more children will be born, and therefore it will cost us millions more." Rep. Bart Stupak (D, MI) quoting Democrat leaders that summarized the issue for him by explaining that easy access to abortion is essential to saving money for the government. (Quoted in National Review Online). I find this particularly disturbing particularly in light of this "principled" man vowing to stand firm for life, until he decided to vote against life.
- "A bill can be bipartisan without bipartisan votes." Nancy Pelosi, claiming that the GOP has left its "imprint" on the health care bill. (Quoted in THE HILL). This quotation is about as stupid and indicative of the left as John Kerry's infamous, "I voted for it, before I voted against it."
- "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi, addressing the 2010 Legislative Conference for the National Association of Counties. This is just transparency at its finest. See my posting on this issue on my blog here.
- "Once we kick through this door, there'll be more legislation to follow." Nancy Pelosi yet again, as quoted to left-wing bloggers regarding health care. (Washington Post)
- "Your employer, it's estimated, would see premiums fall by as much as 3,000 percent, which means they could give you a raise." Barack Hussein Obama, as stated to a Strongsville, Ohio crowd while there giving a speech to push his health care bill. (Quoted in the Cleveland Plain Dealer) I wonder what credible source made such a fantastically inaccurate estimate. Now if he meant that premiums would by necessity have to RISE by 3,000 percent, then I will buy the veracity of the quotation.
- "I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the House or Senate." Barack Hussein Obama, from an interview with Fox News' Bret Baier as he dismissed objections to Pelosi's "Deem and Pass" tactic. Yes, I am certain our Dear Leader could care less about proprieties and legalities as long as his agenda is enacted.
- "As Sunshine Week begins, I want to applaud everyone who has worked to increase transparency in government and recommit my Administration to be the most open and transparent ever, an effort that will strengthen our democracy and ensure the public's trust in their government. We came to Washington to change the way business was done, and part of that was making ourselves accountable to the American people by opening up our government." Barack Hussein Obama, two days before approving "Deem and Pass" (Quoted in National Review) Who in the hell is Obama kidding!?!? Any transparency in his Administration has only come from the right-wing blogosphere and Fox News trying to pry the truth out of the murky abyss of the White House. That quotation is the very definition of audacity!
- And lets not forget the recent comments from Representative Hank Johnson when questioning an Admiral of whether deploying additional Marines to the island of Guam would cause it to "tip over and capsize".
In my opinion, it is time to vote out every last single representative and senator in the House and senate. We might lose a handful of good conservatives within that group of 535 members, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make if we can put common sense conservative Americans in office in order to right the ship of state. And oh yes, lets by all means have a mutiny and vote out the captain of that ship in 2012. THAT is change I can believe in!