Friday, September 9, 2022

If I Were a Fascist Bent on Destroying America...

If I were a fascist or even a semi-fascist and wanted to destroy our democratic republic and eradicate the freedoms that our constitution was formed in order to protect, how could I best go about doing so?

Well, I would first want to take over our education system in order to indoctrinate our kids into believing that they live in an unjust and racist nation that brings nothing but ruin to others throughout the world.  I would ignore teaching them of the United States history where we overcame so many great sins, like slavery and women’s inequality in rights.  I would bury the truth of how the United States fought and buried hundreds of thousands of men in defense against the true fascism of Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and Mussolini’s Italy.  I surely wouldn’t tell of the largesse in charity and foreign aid given to nations throughout the world, especially in times of disaster.  No, that would go against the woke narrative.  Oh, and I’d erase college debt for the rich that went to college and put the burden on the tax payers that chose not to go, as they couldn’t afford it.

I would champion that I was a member of the party of science and then explain how gender is fluid and boys can actually be women and dominate girls’ sports, walk around naked in girls’ shower rooms, and any complaining about that or the man’s ability to menstruate or become pregnant would immediately be mocked and shut down with cries of transphobia.

Which leads to the next thing that I would do, which would be to weaken and eventually destroy the traditional nuclear family.  It is just another form of patriarchal oppression designed to keep women and children in their places, even though I would ignore the fact that my supreme court justice would be unable to define what a woman was.

Next, I would raise taxes on the “rich” and on corporations that “don’t pay their fair share” in order to appease the ignorant and greedy among us.  I sure wouldn’t let it be known that the top 1% of income earners pay nearly 40% of the federal tax burden while only making 20% of the national income.  I would never tell that the bottom 50% of income earners pay 3% of the overall federal tax burden.  Oh, and I wouldn’t let the foolish know that corporations simply pass the cost of corporate taxes onto their customers via higher prices for their goods and services.  I’d certainly never point out the waste, fraud, and abuse of our federal revenues by our congress and president to fund things never intended and often forbidden in our constitution.  But I would definitely add 87000 more IRS agents to bring in additional revenue anyway.

I would abandon our non-woke allies, especially those that have fought and died beside us, like the myriads of good people we left behind in Afghanistan along with not too few Americans.  I would ignore the only stable democracy and friend in the Middle East and champion the creation of a terrorist state right beside Israel with a divided Jerusalem as their respective capitals.  I would give the terrorist mullahs of Iran whatever they wanted in exchange for proven empty promises of not building nuclear weapons. 

I would sacrifice America’s energy independence by fiat so that inefficient and woefully inadequate “green technologies” could be subsidized by tax payers and thus create enormous inflation in energy costs.  Of course, those cost would be transmitted on down to the necessary goods we need as the price of creating them and transporting them to market skyrocket accordingly.

I would collude with like-minded fascist politicians, media outlets, and social media CEOs to ensure that only my narrative of the good I am doing was promulgated to the ignorant masses.  I would ensure that any contrary opinion, especially if backed by evidence, was censored at best or ridiculed as false information and ironically as propaganda at worst.

Continuing, I would point out that the constitution is a “document of negative liberties” that restricts the benevolence of our federal government from taking the steps necessary to take care of us all from womb to the tomb.  (Assuming one makes it out of the womb alive, that is.)

I would find non-existent rights in the constitution to kill our unborn and decry the ruin of democracy as the court sends the issue back to the people of the United States to actually vote on the issue.  All the while, I would take firmly existing rights that the constitution clearly states are rights of all Americans and restrict them to my own benefit.  Freedom of speech would be curtailed if it was offensive and be branded as hate speech.  Owning any firearm greater than a musket would be curtailed as a tool of violent extremists, while ignoring the actual violent extremists who burn down our neighborhoods in mostly peaceful protests.  I’d defund the police too, but ensure that a social worker shows up to handle any hostile but misunderstood ne’er do well.  Religious liberties would continue to be ignored and restricted.

I would ensure that laws were enforced and evidence fabricated against my enemies while turning a blind eye to the law breaking by those whom agree with my fascism.  I’d weaponize the FBI and make sure that those with the temerity to rise up against me would be brought low with the full might of the federal government. 

While I understand that America is a fascist, racist, sexist, homo-phobic nation, I would still open the borders to those foolish enough to still want to come here.  I wouldn’t ask about their vaccination status, let alone their criminal record as I welcome the drug traffickers, human smugglers, and terrorists into our nation with open arms.  (This does not excuse citizens from not being vaccinated as per my fascist mandates, mind you!) 

I would do all of this to unite this nation while pointing out that those that disagree with me are violent extremists bent on destroying our way of life. 

Yep, if I were a fascist extremist this is the very formula I would use to take this country down a few notches as I sought to fundamentally transform it, so help me God. 

Oops… just and expression.  God has no place in this Amerika.  I’d continue to make sure of that too.

Euripides said, “Those whom the gods destroy, they first make mad.”  Well, I don’t know if Biden is mad or just in the final throes of dementia and terminal senility.  All of that said, if I am a semi-fascist according to him, one cannot help but wonder what that makes him.  Complete destruction of our liberties in this great American experiment cannot come fast enough for the real fascists in our government evidently. 

4 comments:

Jerry said...

It seems you are railing with the talking points of the past which no longer exist. For the first time in 200 years the Supreme Court has stated as law that every American has the right to own a gun. That had never been stated by the Supreme Court before.
The Supreme Court has overturned Roe/Wade after 50 years of Republicans trying to get it overturned.
The Supreme Court is in conservative charge at the Supreme Court something else Republicans have been trying to do for 50 years.
The upcoming midterm elections seem to be a lock for Republicans.
The negativity of your post denies the congratulations of what conservatives have achieved. Proving no one is satisfied unless they get 100% of what they want. A fantasy goal given our form of democracy.
Things are going your way. Dump the anger. Just keep fighting at the ballot box for what you want.
Get back to blogging as a release. I have given up blogging. I no longer have the passion for politics I used to. The ridiculous debate from both sides no longer interests me.

Darrell Michaels said...

"For the first time in 200 years the Supreme Court has stated as law that every American has the right to own a gun. That had never been stated by the Supreme Court before."

That was always the original intent of the 2nd amendment, Jerry. It was finally adjudicated as such way back in 2008 in the DC v. Heller decision that stated that owning a firearm was an individual right.

"The Supreme Court has overturned Roe/Wade after 50 years of Republicans trying to get it overturned."

They have also overturned other egregious federal laws like Dred Scott, for instance. There have actually been over 150 reversals on the SCOTUS level over our history. As this applies to Roe v. Wade, this was a "right" that never was listed in the Constitution, so the Supreme Court rightly did not comment on it in its decision but referred it back to the individual states to decide. In other words they let the people decide. Frankly, I think the protection of life is a fundamental right of all Americans and I would like to see abortion banned throughout the nation, but that is NOT what this recent decision did, sir.

"The upcoming midterm elections seem to be a lock for Republicans."

I am not so certain and I don't underestimate the GOP's ability to screw things up yet again.

"The negativity of your post denies the congratulations of what conservatives have achieved. Proving no one is satisfied unless they get 100% of what they want. A fantasy goal given our form of democracy."

Truly? I don't simply want SCOTUS decisions that accurately interpret the Constitution. I want the legislative and executive branches to govern as per the limitations placed on them by our constitution. I don't want them using taxpayer dollars for special interests like Green companies. I don't want them mandating vaccines, masks, and gender-fluidity rights past their legal authority to do so. I don't want any party using the FBI to persecute political opponents while ignoring gross illegalities in their own party (i.e. Hunter and Joe Biden). I want the government to faithfully defend and execute the laws of the nation and its constitution. I don't care about political victories because of a few rightly decided SCOTUS decisions. I care about justice and decency, neither of which are hallmarks of the Biden administration. As I have said before, Biden should be removed from office or forced to resign for any number of high crimes and misdemeanors.

"Things are going your way. Dump the anger. Just keep fighting at the ballot box for what you want."

Things are NOT going my way. My children and other young adults struggle to survive directly because of the inflation-causing policies of this administration. They are fearful to speak their first amendment rights for fear of being doxed, cancelled, or persecuted by others or the government. I fear for the safety of our country as 4.5 million un-vetted illegals have entered over our southern border due to Biden's idiocy. Yeah, I am damned angry, and I will indeed fight at the ballot box, but let me assure you that things are NOT going my way right now, my friend.

I am sorry to hear about your disillusionment with blogging, but I certainly can understand what you mean. Hopefully you will still happen by my site and provide your thoughts, as they are often insightful, even when I disagree.

Jerry said...

I would only add that it is your opinion of interpretation of law. Many scholars would disagree with you and little of Biden's actions, or the Democratic Congress legislation have been declared unconstitutional by the high court.
You seem to be saying everything Democrats want is unconstitutional and everything you want is as the Constitution says. That's just not the case.
The Supreme Court never said (until 2008) that individuals had the right to own guns. Until it was adjudicated it was not the law. Again, your interpretation does not mean it was law.
Majority means everything in our system. Because you don't like laws passed by a Democratic majority does not mean those laws are unconstitutional. Your bias is making that decision, not your expert legal education. What is legal is what the Supreme Court says is legal. That includes prayer in school, abortion, gun rights, and any other issues.

Darrell Michaels said...

Jerry from a strictly legalistic point of view, you are correct. What the SCOTUS says is legal; it is technically the law and is therefore legal, regardless of my opinion. However, when natural law and original founders intent is taken into account on some issues, things become murky. For a long time SCOTUS said slavery was legal, but even slave-owning Thomas Jefferson who wrote "all men are created equal" was aware that slavery was a great sin and one that our nation would suffer greatly for in God's wrath. The Civil War proved him prescient there.

The same is true with SCOTUS allowing the internment of Americans of Japanese descent into camps during WWII. It was legal, but violated due process and moral decency.

Our founding document as a nation said that all Americans are entitled to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" when we seceded from Britain; however, SCOTUS found a hidden right in the constitution to allow the ending of an innocent life via abortion. Roe v. Wade was legal, but it was not strictly constitutional and certainly was not in keeping with natural law.

Just my thoughts on how the law and SCOTUS can make certain things "legal" but not necessarily adhering any moral or natural rights to some egregious decisions, my friend.